The osteoarthritis, the most common form of arthritis, occurs due to gradual wear of daily use of the joints. The cartilage acts as a cushion between the bones, and when it breaks or wears away, the bones rub against each other and cause pain.
Medical treatments have medications that can help, and there are cases of extreme pain surgical treatments, but there are a number of natural remedies that you can use to treat it.
- The light training with weights and aerobic exercise is a great treatment of osteoarthritis, which can strengthen the muscles around the affected joint, giving it more support, but also the aquatic exercise is one of the best to treat osteoarthritis.
- If you are overweight, you’re putting a tremendous amount of pressure, and the stress and the tension increases pain of osteoarthritis; You must control the weight to carry the symptoms, by which you should eat a balanced diet, count calories, and so much exercise as you can.
- Many people use heat or cold to relieve osteoarthritis pain. The heat works as a natural remedy by increasing circulation in the muscles of the joint and decreases pain relaxing. The cold can numb it, through the cooling of nerve impulses to the joint and reduces inflammation, through constriction of the blood vessels.
- Take appropriate supplements, as the combination of glucosamine with chondroitin, which helps repair worn or torn cartilage, Omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil or linseed oil, which are anti-inflammatory agents; SAMe(s-adenosyl-L-methionine) natural vegetable unsaponifiable extract called soy of avocado, which could retard the progression of the disease.
- It includes anti-inflammatory foods such as horseradish, mustard, garlic, onion, watercress, parsley, celery, dill, lemon and rose hip tea and omega-3 fatty acids, found in nuts, seeds and fish.
- They practice acupuncture, which can treat the pain of osteoarthritis and improve joint function.
- The massage relieves sore muscles, stimulates blood flow and relieves stress.
- Practice hydrotherapy, with water rich in sulfur mud baths, which are also a natural remedy for osteoarthritis.
- Mechanical devices called orthoses can be used to help support and protect joints and relieve arthritic pain and realign the joints.
- The Yoga can improve flexibility and strengthen important muscles to support arthritic joints and Tai chi can relieve pain.